Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fly or Scramble back?

I thought about the phrase " If your not happy, how can you make someone else happy". I thought about, if the person who came up with this phrase is referring to, if I am unhappy I will make everyone else around me unhappy or maybe I am not showing myslef, so my true happiness never comes out. The truth for me is when I am truly happy, I am truly honest and at peace with myself about all the decisions I have made. Happiness is something that you have complete control over. As we develop from childhood to adulthood we learn to control what we allow to make us happy or not. The funny thing is we spend alot of the time trying to be happy. Which infers most of the time we are unhappy or we are strunglling to hold on to the little bit of happiness we do have. I have read a few ideas on the subject of having control over ones happiness and have concluded for myself that my actions create the flow of happiness I experience. It's about choice. But how do we get to have that control. It's an individualistic experience. For me, I had to lose alot to gain alot. Sometimes when we are pushed off the branch we fly or we scramble back to the ledge and get pushed off again, till we realize we don't belong on that branch anymore and it's time to create our own happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment